- 12/15/22: American Society of Heat, Refrig. and AC Engineers (ASHRAE) releases document on preventing the spread of airborne illnesses. Their stance recommends that ensuring the breathing zone of humans is safe is the most effective form of risk mitigation. Link HERE
- 11/23/22: WHO’s departing chief scientist regrets errors in the debate over whether SARS-CoV-2 spreads through the air. Link HERE
- 9/15/22: Seeking Postdoctoral Research Fellow in bioaerosol or non-thermal plasma research. Check Job Openings Page
- 8/30/22: Zhenyu Ma receives best paper / presentation award at the recent joint meeting of the International Symposium on Non-Thermal/Thermal Plasma for Pollution Control Technology and Sustainable Energy in Japan
- New study gains traction in scientific community. Altmetric score in top 5% of all research outputs.
- Inactivation of Airborne Viruses Using a Packed Bed Non-thermal Plasma Reactor covered in 18 news media outlets.
- Pilot-scale prototype non-thermal plasma reactor testing on Barton Farm, MI. Pictures can be found here.
- Pork and Poultry Producers Wanted! Give insight into your needs for preventing airborne transmission of animal diseases.
- A pilot-scale prototype non-thermal plasma reactor is being developed with Quantum Signal (Saline, Michigan)! Details can be found here.
- First demonstration of NTP inactivation of airborne virus relevant to agriculture! (Poster presented in N.A. PRRS Symposium)
- Student Tian Xia presents at 2017 AWMA Conference in Pittsburgh.
- Student Tian Xia presents at 2017 AAAR Conference in Raleigh.
- Student Tian Xia presents at 2017 CRWAD Conference in Chicago.
- UMich/UMinn collaboration funded by National Pork Board to study inactivation of airborne virus that causes Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS).
Professor Clack attended the Triennial Int’l Conference on Electrostatic Precipitation (ICESP) 2016 in Wroclaw, Poland.
!!Mercury Emissions from Coal is addressed by UNEP!!
Watch the video here!
- 11/11/2015: 13th Int’l ASAAQ Conference Professor Clack attends 13th Conferences on Atmospheric Science and Applications to Air Quality. Follow the link for more information!
- 7/30/2015 Lab Members Explain Research
Listen to current lab members Abby & Bakari talk about their summer research experience with SURE/SROP 2015: UV Disinfection of Airborne Viruses.
5/15/2015 Professor Clack Featured in The University Record
Professor Clack is featured in an article in The University Record, which includes a video where he discusses mercury emissions and the technology to help keep harmful mercury from being released.
5/1/2015 Fareed Zakaria GPS segment on “big data” research concluding air quality is a leading cause of death and poor health
Watch the video here! (Starting at minute mark 2:55)